Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I learn more about the community events, places to stay, and other helpful information about the community of Atchison?
We invite you to visit the Atchison Chamber of Commerce website for more information about the community.
What should Mom or Dad bring with them for a comfortable rehabilitation experience at Medicalodges Atchison?
Depending on the planned length of stay, we suggest bringing clothing sufficient for seven to 10 days of apparel changes. Please consider seasonal weather conditions and subsequent outdoor events. Keep in mind that comfortable, loose-fitting clothing ensures ease in changing as well as optimum benefit for participation in therapies and activities.
Is there assistance available for a rehabilitation resident if they would like to move home and still need a little help?
In some locations, Medicalodges offers Community Care Connections in-home services to provide assistance with such tasks as errands, housekeeping and personal care. These services may help residents to return home more quickly. Our Social Services Department is available to meet with residents and family members to discuss options available for in-home support services.
What are the eligibility requirements for Medicare Part A in a skilled nursing community?
- He/she must have a Medicare card that reads “Hospital Insurance.”
- Physician must certify that the resident needs skilled care on a continuing basis.
- A minimum of three consecutive days (not counting the day of discharge) must be spent in a hospital for no longer than 30 days prior to entering the skilled nursing community.
- The need for skilled care must relate to the reason for hospitalization.
What is paid for under Medicare Part A while in a skilled nursing community?
- Semiprivate rooms
- Nursing services
- Rehabilitation services
- Supplies and medical equipment